This 10 day course is for people who have held a CISRS Trainee Scaffolder or Labourer card for six months.
The course teaches the core skills of scaffolding. It covers how to safely erect, alter and dismantle basic scaffolding structures.
- Current CISRS Trainee Scaffolder or Labourer card held for at least six months before the course start date
- A head for heights
- Good understanding of spoken and written English.
- Safely and correctly erect independent and putlog scaffolds with returns, towers and birdcage scaffolds, in tube and fitting or proprietary systems where applicable
- Observe regulations governing the safe erection, inspection and dismantling of scaffolds and work methods to be adopted
- Determine the material requirements for independents and putlog with returns, towers, and birdcage scaffolds in tube and fitting or proprietary systems where applicable
- Lay out materials, set out the scaffolds and overcome obstacles to erect the scaffold safely
- Ensure that scaffolds are constructed to statutory regulations following the safe systems of work set out in Safety Guidance Note 4 (SG4)
- Interpret simple drawings
- Understand the basics of tie testing
- Make alterations to scaffolds (eg dropping lift height on independent)
On completion, students will receive their CISRS Scaffolding Part 1 Certificate.
After 6 months successful students will be eligible to sit their CISRS scaffolding part 2
COURSE DURATION :
This 10 day course is for people who have held a CISRS Trainee Scaffolder or Labourer card for at least six months.
COURSE DATES :
CWiC Scaffolding Academy
11th-22nd March 2024
15th- 26th April 2024
22nd April -3rd May 24
28th May-7th June 2024
8th-19th July 2024
2nd-14th September 2024
COURSE PRICE :
Classroom and workshop : £1150.00 VAT exempt
Please choose below from our wide selection of courses. If you have any question just give us a call. 01792 482022 or go to Enquire Now